*Throu.A.Flux*

Marketing and Communications blog
Freshly graduated and addicted to inspirational bloggers, musings about my career and tools I find fun or useful.

The Number One Secret to Getting Things Done

Friday

I'll give you a hint: it's the easiest thing in the world, but it's the hardest. There really is no other secret, which is a relief, but it means you cannot compromise on this step. There are different ways to get to this step, and people will try to tell you that you can trick yourself into liking this step through various techniques, but at the end of the day, there is only one secret to getting things done.

I'm not telling you what it is yet. Bear with me.

You may have noticed there weren't many posts here recently. That's because I was in QLD at a wonderful music festival with some friends I grew up with. The intensity and frivolity of the occasion was delicious, but it's left me giving myself excuses for not doing the things I would ordinarily do (i.e. hang out my washing, blog, sleep).

Want to know the secret I have come to terms with? Do it. Just do it. Like Nike. Like Steven Pressfield's  new book (Do the Work), which is free for Kindle/iPhone/any eReading device, thanks to the Domino Project (this is revolutionary for anyone interested in books or what they achieve. Sign up now.)

I used to overthink things. I know, hard to believe ;)

One day, I watched the Triplets of Belleville with a friend and I was busy trying to discover its deeper meaning when he said, "Um, let it go?" and that moment changed my life. So simple, so possible, so easy... so why did it feel so hard?



Because there's no compromise. Ready? Go. Do. It.

0 comments:

Post a Comment