*Throu.A.Flux*

Marketing and Communications blog
Freshly graduated and addicted to inspirational bloggers, musings about my career and tools I find fun or useful.

A Personal Credit Card

Wednesday

No. It doesn't exist.

Sorry to spoil that upfront, but that was the lesson I learned today. I've become a little idealistic from all the Seth Godin I've been reading, with his insistence that companies ought to be personal and sensible. When it comes to big banks, there is just no sense and no person. There are no real people to talk to. Even when you talk to a person, you're not talking to a person, you're talking to a strictly enforced training procedure.

So what's my problem?

"Sandy" asked me, "So Catherine, what do you want from our phone conversation" and I told her what I really wanted was a relationship with a banker whom I can trust.

Turns out, my expectations were unrealistic. It's fine for me to read Seth Godin and get inspired about how I will do business, but I cannot expect that these massive banks will read the same blog posts and be as inspired and revolutionized as I am.

In acceptance, there is peace.

Anyone else have a hard time with the banks? What do YOU want from your service providers?

0 comments:

Post a Comment