*Throu.A.Flux*

Marketing and Communications blog
Freshly graduated and addicted to inspirational bloggers, musings about my career and tools I find fun or useful.

My Why

Wednesday

I've taken some time this week to consider my "why" - my reason for doing what I'm doing. This includes my recent fascinations with:

-jogging
-reading
-marketing
-traveling
-working part-time

I'm about to embark on a huge shift in the way I work and make a living, which is bringing all the "usual" activities of life into clearer focus. In two week, I will no longer have a regular job, getting a comfy paycheck every second Friday, with a complimentary coffee machine to greet me each morning. Instead, I'll be picking up work as a marketing contractor wherever it is provided, and trusting that the rest will be worked out. 

I'm addicted to enterprise, so this excites me more than it scares me, but I have noticed that my overall patience and long-suffering have been lacking lately. I've been a grouch. 

So this brings me to my "why." My parents encouraged me to consider what I really want in some areas of my life, and this has enabled me to say "no" to things which don't suit that vision, without regret or guilt. 

So, my "why" for business exists is still just in draft stage, but it goes something like:

To be a real person in an impersonal marketplace. I want to celebrate the unique gifts I have been given, while using those gifts to understand more about my own nature and how I work in relationships. The essence of everything that matters to me is relational and real (genuine/sincere) and I want to let that play out in whatever work I do.

I don't yet know how this helps clarify my various activities... but I trust it will.

Do you have a "why?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment