*Throu.A.Flux*

Marketing and Communications blog
Freshly graduated and addicted to inspirational bloggers, musings about my career and tools I find fun or useful.

Packed and Leaving

Sunday

Well, I am. Packed and leaving. Packed today, leaving Thursday.



My two shiny black suitcases are deliciously underweight (for the first time in more than 35 plane flights) and clothes are still sprinkled around my living room... looking somewhat like the way I imagine a hyperactive maraca player would decorate.

ANYway, I now have this queasy feeling in my stomach, which surfaces and disappears. What will happen next? Will I be able to carry everything? Do I have what I need?

It's also amazing to see these remnants on the floor, things I thought I truly needed, but now that I consider them... how important is that button-up vest, really? Is that red shirt truly as life-altering as I thought? I probably will survive for three months without my ski gloves.

I love the perspective that comes with these times. Similarly, as I'm considering being a freelancer (as of Wednesday!)... how important is it to work five days a week? Do I really need that salary I was on? Is it possible that I could find alternative ways to get my food, clothes, rent money, etc? I saw a quick documentary about some men who lived in a South American jungle who visited the USA. One man commented, "We know things that they do not know and they know things we do not know" as he discussed how they always had what they needed in the jungle, but people on Wall Street seemed to always need something else.

It's a cliche. It's overdone, but I know that a 9-5 is not everything. Stability doesn't come from an external circumstance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment