*Throu.A.Flux*

Marketing and Communications blog
Freshly graduated and addicted to inspirational bloggers, musings about my career and tools I find fun or useful.

Who Will Remember You?

Thursday

If anyone has not yet discovered grooveshark, do. Just do.

Typing "Remember Me" into the search bar turned up one of my favorite playlists of all time. It seems that those two words inspire a lot of beautiful, vulnerable songs.

It matters to us to be remembered.

It mattered to me that I'm not sure anyone reads this blog. It mattered to me that my friends seem to be succeeding in blogging and getting married and getting degrees and traveling and joining the Navy, and I wondered where my mark was on the world.

Want to know where my mark is? It's in being able to listen to my Dad and take his advice even when I think it's stupid.

My insight and foresight is so limited by my emotions and daydreams and Disney cartoons that I've almost fallen into some pretty big holes in my life. When I listen to wisdom, I make a mark in my own heart. I clearly remember the moments I listened to my Dad instead of racing down the aisle, and those have left a mark on me.

I am the only one who will remember every step of my life on this earth. Why should I be concerned about the impression I'm making on anyone else? I am content. I am headed in a good direction. I trust that the people older and wiser than me are not always right, but they are always older and wiser, and I trust the Lord takes care of the rest.

Want to agree? Argue?
Leave a comment :)

Where are you leaving your mark?

0 comments:

Post a Comment