*Throu.A.Flux*

Marketing and Communications blog
Freshly graduated and addicted to inspirational bloggers, musings about my career and tools I find fun or useful.

Who Do You Hold Close?

Monday

So, who do you hold close? Whoa re the people you surround yourself with?

How do these people impact the way you see the world each morning?

I've recently reviewed the blogs I follow. One of the bloggers expressed that he was having a very difficult time, and I was moved to share some words of encouragment, but that was all shut down when I read his response to a fellow commenter. She had encouraged him to be open to receiving help, but he quite definitely told her that he is no position to receive help, because of reasons she couldn't understand. His statement made me realize that I was a voyeur in his life; we had no relationship or connection, and so I had to evaluate what I wanted to receive from his blog.

This made me reconsider all the blogs I subscribe to... I know I have to choose what I receive into my life, and I have to evaluate where it comes from. I used to listen to moody music when I felt sad. It seemed to soothe the emotion. You know what I've come to see? That music only enforced the emotion and fed it. Now, when I feel deflated, I put on something upbeat, full of passion for life.

This has been the number one most helpful habit I have ever built into my life.

So what about you? Are you surrounded by voices which inspire you and mould your view of the world into something beautiful and full of the goodness of life? Who do you read or hold close? Leave links below for the rest of us to share :)

2 comments:

SharonMarie said...

Hi Catie,

An excellent observation, succinctly put. We touch many people with all kinds of social networking tools but do we ever really touch or know them. I've been out of the blog loop and your blog really put things in perspective. My favorite inspiration is Michael Neill and his tip of the day is at http://www.supercoach.com/tip-of-the-day/

Catie said...

Sharon,

What an incredible recipe for personal excellence - and from an eight-year-old! Love the Michael Neil link, keep them coming :)

Post a Comment