*Throu.A.Flux*

Marketing and Communications blog
Freshly graduated and addicted to inspirational bloggers, musings about my career and tools I find fun or useful.

Ways to Tell You are Owned by Your Work

Tuesday

We're currently looking for my replacement as an admin/marketing assistant.

In the midst of me having no personal idea where I will be living/working/laying my head in ten weeks, my boss wants me to help him decide who will replace me here.

The problem is that he doesn't know what he wants, and he doesn't like what I want.

And I got a bit upset. I have built a marketing program here from nothing. I organised the new website, I formatted all the eNewsletters, I have created 12 months of articles and pictures to compliment. I trained myself on a brand-new program and created a clean databse comprising hundreds of hand-picked entries which is now used by two businesses. I...

I discovered that I was owned by what I do. I don't want to see all my efforts reduced to a folder of pictures and files no one looks at anymore. I don't want to see all those beautiful entries in 'my' database become irrelevant and incorrect after a few months of neglect.

But I want to be at peace with thi smore than I want to see this marketing program continue running. At the end of this post, I will have a choice: do I care more about my boss having a successful marketing plan, or do I care more about centering myself on peace and faith?

I choose faith. I choose to believe that the work I did this year has been exciting, illuminating, challenging, and generally beneficial for my personal growth.

My boss' business is... none of my business.

0 comments:

Post a Comment