*Throu.A.Flux*

Marketing and Communications blog
Freshly graduated and addicted to inspirational bloggers, musings about my career and tools I find fun or useful.

Under the Curtain... (#5)

Friday

I've had some trouble choosing my #5 blogger. This one should be something extra special, because I've kept it to last, and it is. But I can't share it with you :)

My all-time favorite blog, the one I would read the instant there's a post on it, the one I will always comment on, because the content is so rich, belongs to my best friend, Peppa. For privacy reasons, I won't include a link to her blog here.

She's not as technical and gutsy as Seth, not as crafty as Nie Nie, not as culinary as Monet, and she has noting like the beautiful design of Jen, but she's part of me.

I read a quote from Paddi Lund (the crazy dentist) which said something like 'people don't buy from businesses because they're the cheapest, people buy from people they like.'

It's true. I am an avid fan of Peppa, because she and I are connected. She is part of me and what she writes is part of my life, too.

The secret to success in blogging, or marketing, or sales, or relationships, is to become part of one another. Establishing trust is one of our core human needs.



Trust cannot be faked and it cannot be bought. Sometimes, trust is instant - that feeling of "clicking" with someone. Mostly, trust takes time.

As we all leave class and head off to our careers and families, consider how what you do creates trust, and how you give out your trust in others. What does it take for you to trust someone? Are there any companies or products you trust? Why?

Leave a comment and let me know...

0 comments:

Post a Comment