*Throu.A.Flux*

Marketing and Communications blog
Freshly graduated and addicted to inspirational bloggers, musings about my career and tools I find fun or useful.

The Choice I Face

Monday

I read Pioneer Woman's blog today - apparently she's the bee's knees... and ankles... and pinky toes. As I'm getting more involved with bloggers, I'm discovering who the "big guys" are, and I'm liking them.

There is an art to speaking from the heart like these bloggers do, and that's what Pioneer Woman encouraged me to start with. She told me to talk like I'm talking to my sister.

Problem is... all I have is a cat.
(And she doesn't like me very much)

This blog has been about communications and official-type postings, but I'm feeling the itch to start being more genuine here.

I was caught off-guard by a text this afternoon, from a friend who asked me if I really enjoyed her friendship, or if I am just being polite to her. I didn't quite know what to say, because I was so grateful for her honesty.

When did you lay it all on the line and speak what you felt? What happened?

Lately, I've doubted that this kind of honesty is worth the risk... Can you tell I've been stung in the past? I don't want to doubt that honesty is worth the risk, but I'm seeing that you can't be both honest and safe. What do we choose?

0 comments:

Post a Comment